AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to display the credential request window. Error #200.5

Question asked by Robert Kruse on Jan 3, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2020 by Jeff Geller

Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places, but I haven't found any information on this error yet. Full text of the error is: Pharos Authentication Agent Error - The devices authentication service was unable to display the credential request window. Contact an administrator for assistance. (error #200.5)

I've recently updated the firmware (FS 4.9.1) and iMFP embedded app version (4.6.2) on all of our HP M680's and M880's. However, there are three devices (all M680's) that are refusing to work, and continually show this error when attempting to use an app that is set to use the Pharos Authentication Agent as the Sign-In Method. For us, those are the Print Release, Copy, & Scan-to-Email apps.

Each of these devices worked with the previous version of the embedded application we were using. I've tried a number of different install attempts and have even wiped the firmware and reinstalled everything from scratch. But these specific devices still show this error.

Any ideas on more specific troubleshooting steps and/or resolutions to this error?

Thanks.

-Robert Kruse

Outcomes