AnsweredAssumed Answered

SSL with Pharos adldaplogon.exe plugin

Question asked by Peter Leonard on Oct 17, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2019 by Peter Leonard

I have set up Pharos to use the adldaplogon.exe plugin in SignUp. This is working without SSL on port 389 but returns "Error: ldap_connect() failed (error 81): Server Down" error when using SSL on port 636. I have used OpenSSL to verify that AD is listening on port 636 and that the certificate is valid and publicly trusted (issued by GlobalSign). Unrelated to Pharos I have been able to connect to AD using port 636 using PHP and Java although with PHP I had to set up "C:\openldap\sysconf\ldap.conf" to trust the AD certificate and with Java add the AD certificate to the Java certificate store.

I notice that in How do you configure and test the Active Directory LDAP plugin?  it says that "If you are using SSL, all relevant SSL certificates should be installed" but not where they should be installed. I have installed the GlobalSign intermediate certificate in the Windows local computer intermediate certification authorities store but this made no difference.

Pharos 9.0 R2 SignUp is running on Windows Server 2016. Can you provide guidance with this issue of using SSL to connect to AD?

Outcomes