AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mac popup installer - customizable screens?

Question asked by Bill Kasper on Apr 3, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2019 by Scott Copus

Since we started with Pharos (2011), our program (or our IT support) has installed custom Mac drivers using the process outlined in the KB. The customers don't have to get their hands dirty or break a head sweat to use our printing services.

Last year, however, we posted our secure print packages for various families of Ricoh devices on our website. We figured this would encourage customers to do the installs themselves, if possible, and gave our IT support a place to get Mac packages roughly equal to the Windows packages offered at our Uniprint website.

This week, for the first time a customer contacted us asking for clarification on the install. She was confused by the information on the second screen of the installer, and didn't know the information being asked for on the screen:

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

In all the years I've been installing our custom drivers I have never read this, or even paid attention to it (I was confused about what she was referring to when she first contacted us ). However, I can see why she was confused.

Scott Olswold or Jeff Geller is there any way this "Important Information" can be customized, or eliminated? That is, can the popup installer be edited so this information is not there, or so that it's relevant to our installs? I'd love to be able to put our particular set of instructions in here, or at least a note saying "just keep going". Or nothing.

In the meantime I'm writing instructions for the webpage for those who dare to try to use the installers.

Thanks,

Bill

Outcomes