AnsweredAssumed Answered

Difficulty installing new Uniprint server

Question asked by Paul LaFollette on Mar 26, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2019 by Paul LaFollette

I'm in the process of setting up a new Uniprint server on which I intend to migrate our existing production system, but running into a problem with the Uniprint intstaller at the point where the installed should install and setup the Pharos SQL database on the SQL server/instance that I've specified.

I start the installer, leave Database and Principal Services selected, specify the License Key, accept License details, specify the host name of the SQL server instance for the database (separate SQL server), then I specify the SQL Administrator User Name, and Password (password is generated 32 character) ... and that's where it fails with two icons of the task bar flashing in rapid succession. All I can do is either log out or restart the system in order to stop it.

PharosInstallerIssueSQL.jpg

New server is Windows Server 2016. I first attempted installing "Uniprint 9.0 R2 9.0.8959.157 Patched" and when I encountered this, I then tried installing "Uniprint 9.1.9474.317-GR" and I get the same behavior with both.

Our SQL Server Database administrator tells me he can see the system successfully connected to the SQL system on the SQL server and attempted to access the Pharos database but couldn't because it doesn't exist yet.

Clearly, the installer is failing to trigger the creation/installation of the database. Could this behavior be due to a Pharos Uniprint database having been on this SQL server previously? The previous database was removed months ago.

Any ideas how I can work around (or through) this issue?

Thanks,

- Paul L.

Outcomes