3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2018 11:34 AM by Francois Grenier

Xerox Pull Print Driver - anyone using it?

Francois Grenier Adventurer

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to discuss with someone familiar with the Xerox Pull Print driver, whether you are currently using it or tested it at some point.

We are currently testing new devices (Xerox 78xx and 66xx) to add them to our fleet but are getting mixed results with regards to the print quality, especially when in comes to colour rendition.   Our fleet is 100% Xerox WorkCentre equipment and with only two print queues (monochrome and colour) from where users can pull their jobs.  We have been using the Xerox Global Print Driver (with advanced features disabled) PCL5 or PCL6 for the past 6 years and the quality of print jobs across the various models (WC 5655, WC5735, WC7556 and WC6400) were acceptable albeit never perfect... until those new devices which are forcing us to tweak, upgrade or change the print driver we use.

On paper, it looks like the Pull Print driver would solve some of our issues, but before going down the path of testing, I would like to hear from you.  This might help save many of hours and trees!

Thanks!

-=François

McGill University

• Re: Xerox Pull Print Driver - anyone using it?
          Scott Olswold Guide

François,

Good afternoon! I know of two sites that are using the Pull Print driver (one is using the PostScript 3 variant; the other is PCL6) with great success. One site has models that range from older to newer (800+ devices), while the other has exclusively Versa and AltaLink models (200+ devices).

The Pull Print driver in both cases is operating well. Image quality and color is acceptable, the range of options available has met user demand, and since it shares common technologies with the Global Print Driver, has also been successfully deployed using the XML control file. I highly recommend the Pull Print driver over the Global Print Driver, as it does not have the desire to (or attempt to) connect to a physical device.

I hope this helps!

-Scott

Zhiyong Tian Adventurer

We have been used Pull Print PCL6 driver for couple years (WC78xx and WC6655) without any issues. After printers get replaced recently with AltaLink C8045 and B8075 then the 11x17 paper size is no long operational. Since we only have two models for this budget unit so we just use their own PCL6 drivers now.

Francois Grenier Adventurer

Hi Zhiyong, Scott,

Thank you for the answers.  I will discuss with our Xerox rep. to get more info !

-=François