2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2018 1:37 PM by David Mitchell

Issues with Uniprint Popup on macOS

David Mitchell Wayfarer

We just recently upgraded to 9.1, actually Pharos upgraded for us. I am new in this role so it was kind of a training as well. We built a new Mac package during the process. For whatever reason on some Macs, printing to B&W does not bring up the popup. It's not an issue on all Macs and doesn't seem to be an OS version issue. My main computer is a mac running 10.13.6, works fine, B&W brings up the popup. I have a freshly wiped Mac running 10.13.6 and I am able to replicate this issue. I am not sure what else to check. It doesn't appear to be a gatekeeper or administrator issue.

• Re: Issues with Uniprint Popup on macOS
          Malik Hawkins Newbie

Hi, David.  I am not sure if this has worked for you in the past, but I know that there are instances whereas you have to add the Popup file to the Login Items section within the Mac.  Some computers will allow the popup, while others will require it to be added.  What I do is go to System Preferences, Users & Groups, unlock the current user, then choose the Login Items tab.  After hitting the plus sign to add an item, I browse to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Pharos and then add the popup to the list.  After adding and locking the account change, I restart the computer and when I print I see the popup work as it should.  Also, at least in our environment, the popup does not show if there is only one account for the user to choose from, as it will default to that and just print, but the former circumstance sounds like it would relate to what you are seeing.  Hope that helps.  Good luck!

• Re: Issues with Uniprint Popup on macOS
              David Mitchell Wayfarer

Hey thanks for the response. I forgot to update my post. It turns out the Sharp Printer driver we were installing for B&W was not installing when the package was run. The reason it worked on some Macs but not others was because those Macs already had a Sharp Printer driver. We have corrected the issue and all is well now.

1 of 1 people found this helpful