5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2018 11:43 AM by Malik Hawkins

Error when trying to insert Cost Center in Pharos Administrator

Malik Hawkins Newbie

Trying to add a Cost Center entry in Pharos Administrator, which I have done before in the past.  Cost Center is basically account number with notation as to whose account it belongs to.  For some reason, I keep getting an error stating "Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'cost_centers' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF."  Seems like a programming issue, but not sure why it would say this when I did this in the past.  No programming involved, just click "Insert Cost Center" and put in information, then say ok.  I am sure it is something really simple, but wondered if anyone knew what the problem was before I contacted Pharos support.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Re: Error when trying to insert Cost Center in Pharos Administrator
          Rojaa Matlakunta Navigator

Hi Malik,

Which version of Uniprint are you using? Have you upgraded to the latest version of Uniprint recently?

Regards,

Rojaa

Malik Hawkins Newbie

Uniprint 9.0 R2.  We work in live environment, so upgrading to 9.1 is not an option for now.  I had done this in the past, on the same server, with the same version without issue.  Weird.

Daniel Johns Tracker

This is a most puzzling error, since that particular table isn't supposed to have any identity column (and wasn't touched by any recent upgrades or service packs).  I can only think that somebody might have manually make a weird change to your database.  You'll probably want to contact Pharos support, and supply all the settings (within SQL Server) for cost_centers table and its columns so that they can be compared with their normal settings.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      Malik Hawkins Newbie

I know that when working with Rich Post, we moved a database backup file from one location to the next.  I wonder if that has something to do with it?  It's the first time I have tried adding a Cost Center since that interaction.  Creating users and such have not had any problem.

Malik Hawkins Newbie

Daniel, sorry for dropping out for a while.  I was going to mark this as the right answer, but Rich beat me to it.  It was not exactly the correct answer, but your response made me ask the right questions and find the solution.  What is going on is that this is a new server that is replacing an old server setup.  On the old server, our previous I.T. manager was using a script to refresh Pharos with updated information daily.  He no longer works with me, and the script is still influencing the current setup on the new side.  The script locks down things and can be unlocked when necessary, but it will eventually lock things again.  So as a workaround, I am not to try creating a Cost Center from scratch, rather I am to find a Cost Center that is no longer in use, edit it's information to match a new account that needs to be used, and then use that as the new Cost Center entry.  I did this method and was successful in doing what needed to be done.  Once that old server and old SQL database are retired, we will no longer have the script and I will be able to insert Cost Centers at will.  Thank you so much for your help with this, it definitely paid off.