1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2018 4:31 PM by Seth Long

"Job disallowed by Uniprint"

Seth Long Adventurer

We have an employee on our campus who is also a student.  Normally, we create separate student accounts in AD, but this user wanted to have the same account for both student and staff access.

We have it set up to automatically check in Active Directory nightly for accounts with the "p_students" membership, and for any new AD accounts found with this membership, a Pharos account is created.  This person has the "p_staff" membership, and due to various reasons, cannot have the "p_students" membership added to her AD account.

Therefore, I manually created her account in Pharos Administrator.  As far as I can tell, I copied all of the same settings from a standard student account onto her account. 

She is able to log into the release station, but when she tries to print a job, she gets the error "Job disallowed by Uniprint".  I've attached the screenshot of what I see in Pharos Administrator that shows this message under "Reason" for the Deleted Print.

Can anyone assist me with getting her account to work properly?  Please let me know if you need additional information.  Thank you.

• Re: "Job disallowed by Uniprint"
          Seth Long Adventurer

I'm guessing since this got no responses that our setup is different than most setups.

However, if anyone is curious about this, we ended up adding the p_students membership to her account (while keeping the p_staff membership as well) and she was then able to print to the student printers.  The added membership did not cause any adverse effects to her account.