AnsweredAssumed Answered

script for card registration?

Question asked by Scott Kiser on Sep 28, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 by Mark Decker

In my institution, we load usernames from Active Directory into Pharos twice a day: the username in Pharos is simply the plain, undistinguished username from AD.

We have multiple other services that require users to login with email addresses instead of simlpe usernames. The complaint came that people could not remember to use only the username with Pharos, so I created a script to strip the domain suffix off the username.

I associated this new script with the bank for MobilePrint, and also the bank for our Xeroxes, and it works well --- UNTIL a user tries to register a proximity token, or "card," at the Xerox. If the Xerox reads an unassigned card and the user enters his or her email address and password, then the card does not get associated with the username. Instead a new username is created in Pharos whose value is the user's email address, and the card gets associated with that!

Is there a way to associate a script to the card registration process? (If not, can there be in some future update??)

(Edited. This did not get much movement! Maybe I didn't express it well.)

Outcomes