2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2017 5:17 AM by Nic Meadows

MFP login

Robert Pickering Newbie

I am wondering about limiting login on certain MFPs by students. I am using Uniprint 9.0 R2 and Konica Minolta iMFP version 1.5. I have several MFPs grouped for student use which works fine for print, but I want to know if there is a way without a script to deny students the abillity to login at all on certain MFPs. For instance, if I have an MFP set to Allow charge to Personal Account = No and Allow charge to cost center = "cost center name" then if the student has no cost center assigned to them then shouldn't the student by denied login.

Thanks for any ideas.

Rob Pickering

Susquehanna University

• Re: MFP login
          Nic Meadows Pioneer

I think you'll find a logon script applied to the bank the MFP is using is the only way to do this.

I initially thought that perhaps you could do it by using access times (have one set to never) but there is no way to apply it to group/device combination, it can only be applied to a device so would apply to everyone.

The script would be fairly straight forward. Just have a  list of devices you want to restrict access to and a list of groups that shouldn't have access, then at logon check if the users group is in the list and if the device is in the other list and if both are true deny logon.