2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 12:41 PM by Matt Graham

Installation of Uniprint 9.0 R2 - Unable to Create Administrative User

Matt Graham Newbie

I am installing Uniprint 9.0 R2 on a brand new server. I keep getting stuck at "Setup needs the following information to configure the Pharos Administrator".  No matter what I enter, I get the same error.

"Unable to check the Administrator in the Pharos Database: Invalid object name 'users'."

The database is on a remote SQL server.  The user I have created is a SQL Login user with db_owner membership. Has anyone run into this?

• Re: Installation of Uniprint 9.0 R2 - Unable to Create Administrative User
          Daniel Johns Tracker

There are two possible explanations for this error occurring (after selecting only Principal Services in the "Select Components" page of the installer wizard, which is what I assume you would have done when installing the database on a remote SQL server).  The first possibility is that you entered incorrect details on the "Pharos Database" page of the installer wizard.  The installer verifies that the database in question exists and can be connected to; but the case of a database that is not a Uniprint database is poorly handled.  In such a case, the first time that the installer notices anything wrong is at the point where you encountered the problem, when the installer goes to check the database (just in case you've been using a reserved username) and doesn't find the table that it expects to find.  Accordingly, the first thing to try is to go back to the "Pharos Database" page; make sure that the "Database Name" field really does contain the name of the Uniprint database on the remote SQL server, and not some other database (such as the "master" database).

The second possibility is that the database itself installed incorrectly or got corrupted, so that it doesn't have the requisite tables.  One way to check that would be to connect to the database using OSQL or some other command-line tool, using the same details (server, database, username, and password) as you entered in the install wizard, and then see what tables are present.  You should also verify that, when you are logged on as this user, as unqualified table name is treated as referring to a table owned by dbo; if not, the installer can't cope.

I hope that this is of some use to you.