1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 7:09 PM by Katherine Baynton

Upgrade from 8.4 to 9.0 R2 and from Server 2008 R2 to Server 2012 R2

Don Mittel Newbie

We currently have Pharos 8.4 installed and running on servers that are running Server 2008 R2.  We are looking to upgrade both Pharos and Windows at the same time.  I have new servers that are built with 2012 R2  can I just install the new 9.0 R2 software on those servers and point them to the existing 8.4 database to preform the upgrade of the database while doing the 9.0 R2 install on the new 2012 R2 servers or do I have to do a migration of the 8.4 install to the 2012 R2 servers and then preform the upgrade of Pharos to 9.0 R2 on the new servers?

• Re: Upgrade from 8.4 to 9.0 R2 and from Server 2008 R2 to Server 2012 R2
          Katherine Baynton Ranger

You can do a clean install on the new servers and then there is a server migration tool on the 90R2 install CD.  You run the tool on the new server, point it at the old Pharos Database server and it will take a copy of the old database, copy it across to the new server and run the database upgrade to bring it up to 90R2.  One important point to note is that the user running the tool must be (the same) domain Admin on both servers.  Instructions to run the tool are included with it under \Tools\Utils on the install media (CD).   Hope this helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful