4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2017 9:23 AM by Scott Olswold

iMFP Documentation Improvements?

Lindsay Lamb Guide

Hi everyone!  We recognize that our documentation has plenty of room for improvement, and we'd like to gather your feedback as we re-engineer our iMFP documentation to improve its usefulness.

If you have used our iMFP documentation (guides for installation, users, quick start, configuration...), we'd love to hear your feedback on the following:

• What have you found to be missing? 
      • What do you find most useful and valuable?
      • What do we include that isn't helpful? (...For example, in a guide like the Pharos iMFP for Konica Minolta Installation Guide, are all 86 pages critical?)
      • Any additional thoughts/comments you'd like to share to help us improve your documentation experience.

Thank you!

• Re: iMFP Documentation Improvements?
          bdickens@pharos.com Scout

Occasionally it is necessary to role back to a previous release of an iMFP software or it may not be desirable to upgrade the current installation. In these circumstances it would be nice to know what iMFP version provides support for what device models. One can dig this information out of the software readme but it is not easily accessible.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            Bill Kasper Guide

it's been so long since i've used the imfp install documents that i can't recall what's even in them.  one thing i do recall is that they weren't necessarily updated with every update to the imfp (not that they needed to be, if no changes obtained, but it would be nice to know what versions of the imfp are covered by what documents.  i also never saw in the documentation that there were problems using the mac uploader that used to be provided (and i always found macintosh products to be underserved in the documentation department).

now we just upload it directly as an extended feature, and bob's your uncle.

bill

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              r.rogers@emos.com Adventurer

Many sites have Pharos servers with a firewall between the server and the MFD device. It would be useful to know what ports are required to be open to allow:

1. The iMFP application to be installed (for example the Pharos HP FutureSmart installer does not indicate what ports are needed to install the application)
              2. The iMFP application to run and communicate on an ongoing basis.

In general Pharos have done a great job identifying the ports needed for the server and client components but that seems to be lacking in the iMFP documentation.

Scott Olswold Guide

Richard,

Most of the iMFP solutions communicate with either the EDI Service or their platform-specific web service using TCP 80 or 443. The exceptions are:

• Konica-Minolta iMFP: the Windows service listens on TCP 50004. If you are using UPnP for discovery, that is TCP 1900; SNMP discovery would use UDP 161.
                  • Sentry Base: the Sentry Base web service listens on TCP 9072.

I hope this helps!

-Scott