1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 11:12 AM by Scott Olswold

Bizhub, Mac, and Drivers

Victor Jenkinson Newbie

Hi Everyone,

We've just switched to iMFP with a couple of Bizhubs for devices.  Everything is working well, but I'm trying to create new Mac installer packages.  I'm playing with different Mac Bizhub drivers, and I cannot get the Mac to recognize the Duplexer using the KM drivers.  If I install with the Generic PS driver, it recognizes the duplexer.  But no combination of installed components (under the bizhub driver) seems to recognize 2 sided printing (it's grayed out).  What do other Bizhub sites use?  Thanks, Vic

• Re: Bizhub, Mac, and Drivers
          Scott Olswold Guide

Victor,

This has been posted on the Konica-Minolta Drivers page for some time now:

KMAnnounce.JPG

and since you didn't mention a specific MacOS version, I thought it prudent to let you know.

In general, the bizhub C754 offers the better compatibility between different bizhub platforms, and is the driver that was used in a successful MacOS implementation for a larger Pharos iMFP for Konica-Minolta deployment just over a year ago. We did have to modify the PPD eventually used to remove some CUPS filters that were getting in the way of client operation (two status/monitoring filters). We did not have a problem configuring the queue for Duplex support.

Thanks,

Scott