2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2017 12:39 PM by Alex Quintanilla

How to limit copying to black and white

Alex Quintanilla Newbie

We're able to limit users to black and white printing, but I was wondering if there is a way to limit users to black and white copying or to have the copier settings default to black and white copying.

We're using Uniprint with Off the Glass.

Thanks

• Re: How to limit copying to black and white
          Scott Olswold Guide

Alex,

What copier model(s) are you interested in? I would suspect that any manufacturer that provides a color/mono copier would have some facility within its configuration (sometimes, it's a service mode setting) to restrict the user away from color, or to at least provision for monochrome as a default choice, so the user has to explicitly select "color" copying. Uniprint itself has no option to do this; we simply charge based on what the copier tells us its doing.

Go Bulls! Some day I'll finish my degree ;-)

-Scott

• Re: How to limit copying to black and white
              Alex Quintanilla Newbie

Thanks for the response Scott. We are able to globally set the copier defaults and rights.

Only some of our departments want to limit color copying so we aren't able to make global changes.

We use Off The Glass to capture copy jobs, so I'm just wondering if there is a way to set rights by groups in Off The Glass the same way I am able to do with print groups in Pharos admin.