AnsweredAssumed Answered

Pharos not seeing printer

Question asked by Dennis French on Apr 19, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 by Jeff Geller

I have a situation that I am not sure what is going on.

We have a Pharos release station and printer in a resident hall activity house. It was working just fine before we upgraded to Uniprint 9.0. After the upgrade we are not able to print to it. At first I thought it was something to do with the server upgrade and such, but I am able to ping the IP address and Host name of the printer, as well as access the web interface for the JetDirect Admin for the HP printer via a web page. I can print test pages from the server directly, but when a job is attempted to be released it indicates the printer is offline or not available, yet the printer is right there and connected and online. Also, from the server in the Pharos Administration application when I attempt to check the state of the printer it fails indicating that it is not able to see the printer. Again, as I stated, I can access the printers web admin interface. This is the only printer I am having issues with. Any thoughts? 

The printer has a assigned IP address that is dedicated to just that printer as we were using that in the Pharos setup, but I have tried to change that to the host name and still nothing is working.

Dennis French

Outcomes