5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2017 2:04 PM by Zhiyong Tian

Pharos iMFP for Xerox for X7535.

Zhiyong Tian Adventurer

Sometimes released job stays in local printer with the status "Accounting Authorization in Progress" and the job never get printed out. This has happening for all of our 4 Xerox 7535, but have not get any reports from other kind of Xerox printers. These 4 X7535 printers have 3 different versions of firmware.

Anybody has any ideas? Thanks.

• Re: Pharos iMFP for Xerox for X7535.
          lpadgett Scout

Zhiyong Tian,

Is this happening when using print release, direct print or when using the copy feature?  Also, what version of the Xerox imfp are you using, as well as the centreware firmware.  I have upgraded from 75xx series copiers to 78xx but they are somewhat similar.

The first place I would look in the Xerox centreware is the 'Login/Permissions/Accounting' tab.  Within that are all the settings that can affect account authorization/accounting.  Some settings can cause the xerox to try to use it's own internal authorization methods instead of the pharos authorization method.

Zhiyong Tian Adventurer

Hi Loyd,

Yes, it has happening after we configured ID card swipe (Pharos iMFP for Xerox), at least I had not get reports when using direct print. Have not get the problem when using copy feature.

I'll ask Xerox to upgrade one X7535 to the "newest" version of firmware.

I may re-configure some settings in the 'Login/Permissions/Accounting' tab, even they get configured exactly the same as in the Pharos' document now.

Thanks.

--Tian

Mike Bate Scout

I have seen this before.  In our circumstance, other jobs would queue in this state behind a failed one.  We were unable to figure out the cause specifically, but found that jobs printed from a web application consistently produced the error.  We also found that removing iMFP did not resolve the issue.  Have you noticed any constants in the type of job that is being printed?

Zhiyong Tian Adventurer

Hi Mike,

We have just configured three more X7535 printers for ID card swipe several weeks ago, and have not notice any constants. But, one professor had the problem in this Monday, I asked him to re-send the same job and released in the same printer (the previously job was still in the printer, with "Accounting Authorization in Progress") and it worked fine.

So far we have not get the same problem for X5765, X5875, X6655, X78xx.

Thanks.

--Tian

Zhiyong Tian Adventurer

We did upgrading in the pasted summer break (Pharos Uniprint 9.0.9002.770; Pharos iMFP for Xerox 2.6.17; Pharos MobilePrint 2.2.1; Xerox GPD PCL6 5520.600.0.0), then the problem get "fixed".

Thanks for your help!