AnsweredAssumed Answered

Disable seperator/banner page

Question asked by Tim Strackbein on Feb 22, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2017 by Jeff Geller

I'm really hoping someone has some new ideas, because I'm just kind of stumped at this point.

Problem: Windows is sending a blank page at the end documents with an odd number of pages (if you send multiple jobs).  This means if I send 100 copies of a 1 page job, I'll actually get billed for 199 copies.

Reason:  Windows is rounding out the pages by sending a blank page, so if I send a three page job, page 1 of the second copy of the job doesn't show up on what is actually page 4.  However, this means pharos believes it's receiving 4 pages of documents, and charging accordingly.  I've reached out to pharos, and they basically said that because windows is sending 4 pages (even though it's actually a three page document) there's nothing they can do.  They're not wrong; clearly this is not a pharos problem, it's a windows problem.  But I don't even know how start changing how windows sends the job.  I've looked in all of the menus/print management/print properties/etc I can think of, all to no avail.  We're using the canon universal pcl6 driver if that makes a difference, but does anyone have any thoughts on how I can resolve this issue?  It's a somewhat niche error, but at the same time it's starting to become a big accounting problem; we just had a career day here and everyone was printing out a bunch of copies of their 1 page resumes, and getting charged almost double what they should.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Outcomes