1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 5:00 PM by Paul LaFollette

A good 11x17 color multifunction choice

Paul LaFollette Guide

Anybody have a suggestion for a 11x17 capable (maybe able to do 12x18) color multifunction system?

I've got to replace an old HP CM6040 MFP and it seems the choices on the market are a bit slim unless you're willing to spend way too much.  I need a system that is:

1. Reliable (of course) and easy to use
      2. Handles at least 11x17
      3. Color (required)
      4. Can scan to email and/or scan to network folder
      5. Preferrably no less than 40ppm
      6. Works (of course) with Uniprint, MobilePrint, and iMFP.

Any suggestions?  I need some good ideas right away.

Many Thanks,

- Paul L.

• Re: A good 11x17 color multifunction choice
          Scott Olswold Guide

Paul,

The "scan" option is what's pushing you into the "very expensive" category. I would recommend you eschew the scan option, get a good color printer, and set up a little scan station with a $250 computer and $125 scanner. You'll save oodles and be happier.

I've always liked the Phasers for their color, and the Xerox Phaser 7500 is no exception (disclaimer: I grew up on the gold standard: Canon CLC with EFI ColorPASS RIP that delivered better than MatchPrint for proofs to web offset). And while I like the HP LaserJet monochrome and DeskJet/DesignJet lines, I've never really been happy with the speed or quality of their LaserJet color. It's too bad, too, because they have killer scanners --probably the best in the biz-- on their MFPs.

-Scott