3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 10:34 PM by Richard Post

Sorting the Userload.exe log

lpadgett Scout

Hello All,

Recently I have been seeing errors in my nightly userload update.  My script writes a full log to file and also pipes a smaller report to a preset file for email that looks like this :

User record summary:

====================

Inserted:  0

Updated:   3011

Deleted:  0

Errors:    1

When I look at the saved log it is really hard to see what is going on that could be causing the errors because of the output format.

Is there a documented set of what the possible errors could be in the Userload.exe output log?  It's rather verbose and hard to go through line by line.

[2016/10/23 22:32:42.607 P24FC T41C0 d BatchLoader] Build the user object from a file line

[2016/10/23 22:32:42.607 P24FC T41C0 d BatchLoader] Do something with the user depending on the action type

[2016/10/23 22:32:42.607 P24FC T41C0 d BatchLoader] Update user in the database

I echoed out error values from the userload.exe program when I first wrote the nightly add/update script and was able to see that if a '2' was returned it corresponded to no users being added to the db from the file and if it was '3' it meant that no file was present for userload.exe to process (or that is what I presumed due to the behavior and tests I ran against output).   Has anyone found any other numbered error levels that might allow me to further automate my errors in the nightly script? 

Thanks for any feedback,

-Loyd Padgett

• Re: Sorting the Userload.exe log
          Steven English Guide

Loyd Padgett,

I could be wrong on that particular log file, but most of the log files can be easily searched for errors using a space, the letter e, and another space (e.g. " e ").  In your example log above, the lowercase d right after the thread number and right before the BatchLoader label which indicates the log entry as being a debug entry.  Searching/filtering for all occurrences of " e " should let you quickly see where things are going wrong.  You can then remove the filter and jump right to the point in the log that has the error to see what is going on immediately before/after the entry.

Regards,

Steven

2 of 2 people found this helpful