AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with an older HP Color printer and Word/Excel 2016

Question asked by Ralph Miller on Oct 31, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 by Paul LaFollette

I am posting this in hope that maybe someone in the community has seen this and has a fix. I have an older HP color printer in my computer labs, an HP Color LaserJet 5550 DTN printer, that has served me well for a number of years. Unfortunately, with the move to Windows 10 Education Ed.on our lab PCs and the lack of a dedicated driver for it from HP, it is giving me headaches. When a student tries to print a Word or Excel 2016 document with ANY color in it, the document is sent to the printer but the output is just a blank sheet. If they save the Office document as a PDF file however, the output is as it should be with all the color it is supposed to have. I have updated to the latest UPD (HP Universal Print Driver), rolled back to older versions, been through all the property tabs of the printer object on the server, recreated and deployed updated printer install package to client PCs I am working on, all to no avail. I have sworn at it, cajoled it, and am about ready to shoot it but I thought I would ask here first before I pull out what little hair I still have on the top of my head. I am currently running UniPrint 9.0 R2 SP3 on Windows Server 2012 R2. Any suggestions? I do hope to get a new printer to replace this ancient one, but that likely won't happen until next summer. Help!

Outcomes