AnsweredAssumed Answered

Automation of User Constraints for Cost Centers

Question asked by Greg Sykes on Oct 7, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2016 by Greg Sykes

I'm just full of questions, guys, but I have another one for you. How can we automatically associate users with cost centers? Right now, I have just uploaded about 600+ employees into our users database for Pharos, but I have not yet assigned a cost center to most of them. It would be quite a tedious task to assign cost centers to each and everyone, one at a time, manually. I'm sure there has to be a way (probably obvious way), of automatically associating the user with the cost centers (and we will call the cost centers, department codes), but I haven't quite figured it out. I was messing around with the import feature, and I could see how we could configure the import file we build to import both users and cost centers at once, but I'm not making the connection on how it would know to automatically associate the user with the correct cost center in that manner? We probably will have, roughly, about 200+ cost centers when it's all said and done, and most users will only be referencing one cost center, but a small percentage of those users (such as library aids that float campuses and administrative assistants) will be assigned to more than one. If we can at least get everyone automatically assigned to their primary cost center, going back and manually assigning that small percentage to additional cost centers won't be a big deal, but we're just trying to figure out the best way to do this. Any incite will be most appreciative!

- Cheers, Greg

Outcomes