2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 2:33 PM by Jeff Geller

Canon PIXMA PRO-1

Aaron Bauerly Newbie

Has anyone ever managed to implement a Canon PIXMA PRO-1 within a Uniprint environment? We're having a few issues testing one in our environment.

• Re: Canon PIXMA PRO-1
          Scott Olswold Guide

Aaron,

What issues are you experiencing? Off the bat, I'm concerned that the Canon Support "Drivers & Downloads" page for the PIXMA PRO-1 don't offer any "server" drivers. This tells me three things:

• Canon USA provides a network port for the purposes of small workgroup use, not shared-environment printing.
          • The driver is probably installing add-ons so that ink levels, printer availability, and some utilities (calibration, print head cleaning) can be enjoyed by the end user.
          • There is a high probability that the language used is proprietary. Scoot here: Which printer drivers are supported by Pharos Uniprint and Blueprint?  to see what driver languages we support. Canon likes to use a language called GARO for a lot of their high-end printers and plotters, which we can't process (and so, will be unable to charge confidently against).

I'm suspect to say that this driver may not even package well.

-Scott