3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 9:55 AM by tcampbell@pharos.com

Why are Waste Saving costs included in my custom Budget Center report?

gavin.devilliers@lexmark.co.za Wayfarer

I have a custom report for my customer which totals up the cost for the selected period.  They use this report to cross charge the costs to their respective users.

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 15.12.14.png

If however, I look at the Transactions for the same period, I notice that the Waste Savings - Secure Release transactions are also included in the total.

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 15.12.33.png

This means the users are getting charged for pages they did not actually print.  Is there a way to exclude these costs from the Budget Center - Employee volume report?

• Re: Why are Waste Saving costs included in my custom Budget Center report?
          tcampbell@pharos.com Navigator

Hello Gavin,

The "Budget Center - Employee Volume" report contains cumulative volume and expenses related only to physical print / copy activity.  It will not include transactions that did not generate physical output volume, therefore, the cost associated to waste savings events will not be present within the cumulative values.

The "Transactions" report, on the other hand, shows all transactions related to a user, including physical print, electronic print / scans, and waste saving events.

Best regards,

Tim.

gavin.devilliers@lexmark.co.za Wayfarer

Hi Tim,

I you add the values highlighted in the red column of the sample Transactions report pictured, it comes to R3,56 which is also the total for user ABABULL in the Budget Center - Employee reports and therefore it does actually include the two line items for Waste Saving - Secure Release of R0,04 and R2,64.

Kind Regards,

Gavin

tcampbell@pharos.com Navigator

Hi Gavin,

The reason why you are seeing difference in your reports is due to the version of Blueprint that is being used.  Based on the screen captures you've provided, and the name of the report being used, I believe that your client is using Blueprint 4.2.  Please confirm.

Reporting in Blueprint changed quite a bit starting with Blueprint 5.0.  One of the things that is certainly different is the differentiation between transactions that generate physical output, like print, copy and inbound fax, and transactions that do not generate physical output, like scan-to-email, outbound fax, digital printing and waste savings events.  Blueprint also began using a new reporting database, known as a reporting warehouse, making it quite simple to use 3rd party reporting tools to access the data and generate custom reports and queries.  I'd highly recommend discussing an upgrade with your client so that they can take advantage of all of improvements and cool new features that the latest version of Blueprint (Version 5.2 SP2.1) has to offer.

Best regards,

Tim.