1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 12:30 PM by Jeff Geller

Omega PS200s have a red LED on the front instead of green.

Ricky Johnson Tracker

Not sure if this is a big deal or not, but the front LED on the PS200 is showing red on some of our terminals while others are green.  They are all on the same firmware version and have the same settings from what I can tell.  This just start happening, and I couldn't find any info on what that meant.  The terminal still works fine scanning in cards, tapping to release, and having the jobs go to the printer.  I'd be interested to know if others have had this happen as well.

-Ricky

• Re: Omega PS200s have a red LED on the front instead of green.
          Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Ricky,

The sole purpose of the LED is to let us know that the unit has power. There have been a few cases of it now displaying Red and not the expected Green with no hindrance to the devices operation nor the software we have running on the device.

If the LED begins to flicker while it is Red this can indicate a PSU (Power Supply Unit) going faulty and replacing the PSU clears that up. You can try to swap a PSU from a device that displays a Green LED with the one displayign a Red LED see if this changes the color of the LED on the one displaying Red one, then see if the one that was Green is now Red. If so then I would look to replacing the PSU for the device.

Thanks,

Jeff Geller