3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 5:04 PM by Scott Olswold

Problem with update the logon roles

Piotr Zarczynski Adventurer

Hi,

The last time I have installed the new SP 2.1 on my lab Blueprint 5.2 system. I would like to see how to manage the quota an so on. Unfortunately I can't add any login to quota management in the Blueprint Administrator. I attached the message from the system, which is appear after click Apply button.

I'm little confused because the login, which I try do update has the mail address@. The same issue occur in case of update any admin logins.

This is what I can see in Admin logs:

[2016/09/02 14:47:22 P1074 D001 T00A e Administrator] [AsyncWorker.InternalFail] An async worker has failed.

[2016/09/02 14:47:22 P1074 D001 T00A e Administrator] Exception...

1) Exception Information

=============================================

Exception Type: PharosSystems.Core.MessageExceptions.UpdateLogonFailedException

LogonNameParameter: admin

ErrorMessageParameter: The Employee matching the logon name '*******' exists but has no email address.

CanDisplayToUser: False

CanLogToEventLog: False

CanLogToServer: False

FullTranslatedMessage: Failed to update the Logon. The call to update the Logon with name 'admin' failed. The Employee matching the logon name 'admin' exists but has no email address.

Message: Failed to update the Logon. The call to update the Logon with name 'admin' failed. The Employee matching the logon name 'admin' exists but has no email address.

MessageCode: 75864

Parameter1: admin

Parameter2: The Employee matching the logon name '*****' exists but has no email address.

Parameter3:

Parameter4:

Parameter5:

Severity: 30

SubSystemId: 3202

TimeLocal: 9/2/2016 2:47:22 PM

TranslatedExplanation: The call to update the Logon with name 'admin' failed. The Employee matching the logon name 'admin' exists but has no email address.

TranslatedMessage: Failed to update the Logon.

OriginalExceptionType:

OriginalStackTrace:

HelpLink: NULL

Source: PharosSystems.Blueprint.Administrator.ModuleLibrary

HResult: -2146233088

StackTrace Information

=============================================

at PharosSystems.Blueprint.Administration.LogonManager.UpdateLogons(Logon[] logons)

at PharosSystems.Blueprint.Administration.LogonDetailsControl.UpdateDataObjects(DataObject[] updateDataObjects)

at PharosSystems.Core.Administration.DetailsPanel.AbortableUpdateDataObjects(DataObject[] dataObjectsToUpdate, DataObject[]& updatedDataObjects)

at PharosSystems.Core.Administration.DetailsPanel.OnUpdateControllerInitalUpdate(Object sender, InitialUpdateEventArgs e)

at PharosSystems.Core.Administration.UpdateController.OnInitialUpdate(InitialUpdateEventArgs e)

at PharosSystems.Core.Administration.UpdateController.RaiseInitialEvent(DataObject[]& controllerDataObjects)

at PharosSystems.Core.Administration.Controller.OnRun()

at PharosSystems.Core.Administration.AsyncWorker.InternalStart()

Any idea, what can be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help

Piotr

• Re: Problem with update the logon roles
          Scott Olswold Guide

Piotr,

The quota function has an email component alongside it, which is why you are getting this message. In the updated Blueprint 5.2 Configuration Guide (see Blueprint Enterprise 5.2 Documentation (Updated for Service Pack 3) ), you'll see this requirement on page 154:

To configure a Quota Manager:

1. Log in to Blueprint Administrator.

2. In the Employees screen, make sure that the employees who will be assigned as Quota Managers have the following details:

• Full Name – Required to associate employees to their Quota Manager.
          • Email Address – Email notifications will be sent to this address. Do not leave this field blank so that the Quota Manager will receive notifications about the group’s quota usage.
          • ID Type – The ID type of the Quota Manager should be of type ‘Network’.

I hope this helps.

-Scott

Piotr Zarczynski Adventurer

Hi Scott,

Thanks for info Scott, it is correct, but why someone who has Network connected to Employee can't be the quota manager as well?

Maybe in case of management it is not so difficult. I can disconnect the Network from Employee and assign as quota manager, but in case of users, who should be associated to an quota group is not understandable. Maybe I made some mistake in configuration, but after add manager position to an Employee, that user is not appear on the list. Is it correct? If yes, how to use this feature for the customer who has connected all Network to Employees?

Thanks

Piotr

Scott Olswold Guide

Piotr,

I cannot speak to the design decision to only include the "Network" user type, but I'm very certain that the account(s) who sought Quota weren't using the "Employee" type, and weren't planning on using it. As far as what to do with users who live under the "Employee" umbrella: we're going to need to feature request that one. Are you using the Employee type to group more than one network login to a single person? In the meantime, I will make a request of our Development team to consider applying Quota to both Employee and Network types, including the management function.

Thank you,

Scott