7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2016 10:13 AM by Marcus Wilson

Sharp IMFP error from web browser

Marcus Wilson Newbie

I'm in the process of implementing the Pharos IMFP feature into our library copier and recieve an error opening the secure release on the web browser of a computer.

I'm still waiting on some new copiers to come in, but I wanted to get a idea of what the interface would look like. Am I recieving an error due to me opening the page on the browser vs copier???

Error listed below

----------------------------------------

Server Error in '/SharpIMFP' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Osa.Util.OsaRequestInfo..ctor(HttpRequest request) +88 Pharos.iMFP.Sharp.SecureRelease.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +50 System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24 System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +41 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +131 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +65 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2427 
        • Re: Sharp IMFP error from web browser
          nbartolotti@pharos.com Tracker

More than likely, yes.  The MFPs that implement a browser as the main UI generally pass unique identifiers or extra information in the request header.  From a browser this information is missing.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Marcus,

Can you provide the whole IIS error message page?

Support
            Jeff Geller

Marcus Wilson Newbie

So we've recieved the new sharp copier model(MX-3070N) which is listed as a model supported or unsupport. I still tried to go through with the setup and recieve an error.

Server Error in '/SharpIMFP' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Osa.Util.OsaRequestInfo..ctor(HttpRequest request) +88 Pharos.iMFP.Sharp.SecureRelease.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +50 System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24 System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +41 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +131 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +65 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2427
                Marcus Wilson Newbie

I also have an error on the copier for "Could not access the accounting server. Contact your administrator" I follow alot of the documentation for setup and i really don't want to just say its not compatible. If anyone can guide me back on track, it would be much appreciated.