AnsweredAssumed Answered

Changing default error messages on a Release Station terminal

Question asked by Steve Yount on Jun 1, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 by lpadgett

I have seen a few older entries on this community where people were requesting the ability to change the default error messages on a release station terminal. Was something like this ever implemented? If not, can this be considered as a new feature request?

I would like the ability to customize the default error messages on release terminals to make them a little less technical and a little more informative for our users. I would also like to include the contact info for our Help Desk on the errors - I don't really want our customers attempting to reach out to Pharos Support to notify them that one of our printers is jammed and cannot print, I would like to give them our contact info instead.

For example, if the printer fails an online state check, the current error is:

An internal server error occurred. No suitable printer available: Printer is reporting an Offline state.

Please contact Pharos support.

I would like to change it to something like:

This printer is offline and cannot print right now. You were not charged for your printouts, and they can be released at another print station.

We have been notified of the error and will resolve it as soon as possible. Please contact the Technology Help Desk at 412-xxx-xxxx if you need additional assistance.

Outcomes