2 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2016 1:17 PM by ajohnsuw

Replacement for Discount Rate Schedules?

ajohnsuw Scout

In our current system (Uniprint 8.4) we use queue based printing (e.g. when anyone with a card swipes they see all jobs printed to that queue and can release what they want). We use the Discount Rate Schedules in order to make it so that our admin staff are able to release any job for free for testing and what not.

We are now building, from scratch, a Uniprint 9R2 environment. It looks like we will be unable to use Discount Rate Schedules. I've done a few searches on the Community, however all I've been able to find so far is that Discount Rate Schedules are deprecated and nothing about how to replace that functionality.

Anyone else run into something similar?

Richard Post?

• Re: Replacement for Discount Rate Schedules?
          Steven English Guide

Aaron Johnson,

The feature you will want to look into is called user based charging. It allows you to specific multiple price levels within a Job Cost Method.

For example, if your admin staff all belong to a Pharos user group by the same name and your Print Group is using the Default Job Cost Method, you could go to the JCM and add the Admin Staff user group and then set the pricing for that user group to $0.00 across all attributes. If memory serves, you will need to use attribute based charging if you are not already.  Don't forget the change control.

You can also just search the Pharos Help file within Administrator for "user based charging" to get a more thorough explanation than I am giving on my phone.

Regards,

Steven

1 of 1 people found this helpful