2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2016 11:01 AM by Richard Post

Databse & Lic Services Will Not Start

Earl Jordan Newbie

I installed Uniprint 9.0 (Pharos Database & Pharos Administrator) in a test lab. I'm receiving an error when I start  Pharos Administrator.

Any attempts to start the database or lic services results in an error. I double checked the SQL settings for accuracy. All looks good.

Logs show the following error:

[14] :: [2016/04/12 22:31:58.190 P05D4 T05F0     e LicenseService 00000] [AI: ddfed695-9144-4a6f-8454-27ecbb0abe67] Error: Dongle reports error "No Dongle or License Key Found"

[15] :: [2016/04/12 22:31:58.191 P05D4 T05F0     e LicenseService 00000] [AI: ddfed695-9144-4a6f-8454-27ecbb0abe67] Unable to start Limit information Database.

Any advice on how to solve my problem would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Databse & Lic Services Will Not Start
          Nic Meadows Ranger

Looks like the licence service cannot read the licence key from the registry. Check and verify the following keys exist on the the server and that the user the service is running under has permissions to access them.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Pharos\License Server\License Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Pharos\License Server\License Key

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Databse & Lic Services Will Not Start
            Richard Post Guide

We figured out the situation, and Nic was right that there was something wrong with the registry key.   When the license file was given, it was not clear that it needed to be uncompressed.  The file was modified to be a .REG file so that it would work in the installer, but then it was unable to be properly imported into the registry.  For this reason, not even the Pharos License Service would start, and that is the first service needed, even before the Pharos Database Service, which is what the screen capture was complaining about.  We've cleaned up that the license file confusion and we're looking forward to the site being updated tonight.  Good Luck !!