AnsweredAssumed Answered

Add Card ID to Existing Pharos Users

Question asked by Timothy Grzeczka on Apr 19, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2016 by Timothy Grzeczka

Hi,

I'm back with another fun Card ID question. We are close to the start of our project to re-card all our students, faculty, and staff. This is our first card upgrade since I've worked here (15 years) so the jump from 85% plastic card with bar code / 15% prox cards with bar code to 100% card with prox, mag, and bar code is a huge step. I've done some testing and manually added a mag stripe number to my account in the Card ID field. What I'm trying to find is a way to update the records of the existing users en mass in Pharos. I've read into Userload's ability to update via a text file BUT all I want to update is the Card ID. Ideally, we'd have a file that our card system would export at set times that Pharos could ingest via a Userload scheduled task. My question is can the file be formatted in a way where you don't provide all the fields? I've included an example of what I mean below. In other words, if I have the proper number of commas will it leave those data values alone or will it blank those data values?

grzeczka,timothy,MyLoginID,,,,,,,,,,MyCardID

Outcomes