2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 10:38 AM by joshua loiselle

how to get rid of screensaver

joshua loiselle Wayfarer

hello everyone, i'm new to pharos. i work for the New York State Library. i have been learning and tweaking our setup, one thing i can't figure out is how to disable pharos from putting a black screensaver on the pc's when not in use (having the please login at the reservation station screen bouncing around) i would like to either change the background of this screen saver or get rid of it entirely. now i'm new here, so i don't know what was done before i got here. any insite would help me greatly.

we are currently running pharos 8.4 we will be updating to pharos 9.0 R2 soon. the stations are HP 8300's running base windows 7 pro 64bit with minimal programs installed. also centurion guard smartshield is installed to keep the public from installing or deleting anything. with a custom lock screen that we would like to be displayed all the time.

let me know if you need to know anything else to help with the diagnosis.

• Re: how to get rid of screensaver
          Steven English Guide

joshua loiselle,

If the screen is going completely black (no bouncing Pharos logon block), you may want to look at the power management settings on the workstations.  Assuming though that the "please login" box is bouncing around then we know that we are talking about the built-in Pharos screensaver which can be disabled on a per SignUp client/workstation basis with the following registry key:

NAMETYPEMEANINGDEFAULT

SignUpScreenSaverEnabled

REG_DWORD

Allows administrators to switch off the SignUp Client screen saver, to cater for excessively slow machines. A value of 1 means the screen saver is on, 0 means it is off.

32-bit Windows Version = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Pharos\SignUp Client

64-bit Windows Version = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Pharos\SignUp Client

Regards,

Steven

1 of 1 people found this helpful