10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2016 1:18 PM by Nic Meadows

Direct Print not working with Billing Gateway

Ricky Johnson Tracker

We have a combination of Secure Release and Direct Printing.  Each should function with our external billing and charge the external account once the Pharos purses have been depleted.  This is working correctly with the Secure Release as we have configured the script in the Billing plug-in for the Bank.  However, this doesn't exist for Direct Printing.  From what I've found, the Direct Printing uses the Print Server bank.  So, I configured the Billing plugin for that bank as well, but it doesn't seem to be allowing the printing through direct print to charge the external account.

What am I missing?

-Ricky Johnson

• Re: Direct Print not working with Billing Gateway
          Nic Meadows Ranger

Ricky,

Lets do the easy stuff first....After you applied the script to the bank of the print server, have you preformed a change control or restarted the Pharos print server service on the server where the direct queues are for it to pick up the changes?

Ricky Johnson Tracker

Yes, the script was applied to the bank of the printer server and many change controls and restarts have occurred since then.  Just to confirm that I'm modifying the right print bank, under Server Configuration, I select the server the queues are running off of, and under Printer Server - Running, that's the bank in question, correct?

-Ricky

Nic Meadows Ranger

Thats correct. Direct printing uses the Bank of the print server and thats the correct location in Pharos admin to change it.

- What gateway are you using?

- Are the necessary gateway exe files/config files on the "direct queue" server and in the correct folder/path location if they are referenced directly in the script?

- Are there any registry entries for the gateway that need to be on the print server?

- Is the script firing at all on a direct print?

- Are there any Pharos alerts generated by a direct print?

- If you turn on logging for the print server does that yield any errors?

- Is is possible to post the script so we can see if there anything in there to trip it up?

Apologies for all the questions....

Nic

Ricky Johnson Tracker

Nic,

We are using the Odyssey Gateway on the same server as the Secure Release.  Al the direct print queues run off of that server, so the file paths and correct config files should be in place.  There aren't any additional registry keys that need to be present on the print server that aren't there already.  How do I test if the script is firing on a direct print?

The only Pharos alerts are that Pharos disallowed the print job due to insufficient funds (although external funds are available).  I'll have to check on the logging, but I didn't recall any errors present last I checked.  The script is the default script "Billing - Pharos Accounts Plus Online Accounts" with some of the purse names changed.  I'm going to create a new test direct print and see what the results are.

-Ricky