4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 2:26 PM by Clayton Bollmann

Canon iMFP - Contactless reader transposing characters

Clayton Bollmann Adventurer

Anyone else encountered issues with RF IDeas contactless readers and the Canon USB MEAP driver?  The MEAP driver is converting "tildes" in the string to "back ticks".  Same reader with the same config works perfectly on a PS200.

Thanks!

• Re: Canon iMFP - Contactless reader transposing characters
          nbartolotti@pharos.com Tracker

Hi Clayton,

This depends on which version of Pharos iMFP for Canon you are using. 

For Legacy devices (not iR-Advance devices) Pharos iMFP for Canon, version 2.x is used.  This version didn't convert shifted USB scan codes to shifted ASCII codes.  In other words all keystrokes sent by the reader are converted to lower case or un-shifted keys.  Note that Pharos is no longer actively developing on this timeline.

For iR-Advance devices, Pharos iMFP for Canon, version 3.x is used.  This version does convert shifted USB scan codes to shifted ASCII codes but this support was just added to the latest version, 3.3.2.

Your actions are this:

1. Determine if you are using Legacy or iR-A devices.
          2. If iR-A, download the latest version, 3.3.2, and install it on one MFP in the environment and verify the upgrade is working.
          3. If (2) is successful, plan the roll out to other devices.

It has been my experience that most touchless cards rarely send anything but ASCII numbers or a binary blob that contains a card ID.  They can be programmed to send pre and post characters that surround the card data.  I'm curious, can you tell me if the cards are coming from the factory with the ~ in the card data or are you programming the cards with the ~ in the data or are you programming the reader to insert the ~ before or after the card data?

Thanks,

Nick.

• Re: Canon iMFP - Contactless reader transposing characters
            Nic Meadows Pioneer

Maybe just reconfigure the RF Ideas reader so that the ~ character is not output (unless its part of the actual card data)

The reader can be reconfigured using the RFIdeas PCprox config program from https://www.rfideas.com/support/downloads

I recommend saving the settings on the existing reader through the PCProx config app BEFORE you start changing the settings in case you need to revert back.