1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 8:26 AM by Scott Olswold

Pharos Bluprint shared printer issue

Edwin Murphy-Johns Newbie

I have one user out of over 1000 that the secured print driver is always showing off-line. Win 7 64bit. IT rep has removed/added driver, all of his local printers are showing as expected. These are KM C654e series MFPS. Not sure where to even start looking as no one else is experiencing the issue. Any ideas to get me looking in the right direction would be appreciated. Ed

• Re: Pharos Bluprint shared printer issue
          Scott Olswold Guide

Edwin,

If it is truly only one user, then I would suspect that there is something blocking his computer's ability to get a status update via the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) that it uses when connected to the Windows share. Do you know if the Blueprint Tracker or Print Scout are installed on his computer (look for a Pharos service, either ComTaskMaster or Print Agent) in addition to some Data Loss Prevention (DLP) software? This sort of thing can happen when more than one utility is hoping to "wrap" the remote Spooler queue for job tracking or other function. If, indeed, there is a combination of Pharos client and DLP client on the workstation, we have an update for that (it ships with Service Pack 3.1 for Blueprint 5.1).

-Scott