5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2016 1:19 AM by Chris Axtell

SSL certificate for ios app functionality

Jason Smith Newbie

Apparently last fall our system admins did some certificate updates and managed to install a certificate on our print server that is not on the apple approved list of certificates (List of available trusted root certificates in iOS 9 - Apple Support).

This caused our ios app to not work.  We haven't officially rolled this out to the campus yet so nobody was using it to tell us it was broken. We didn't realize it until about two weeks ago when we had some of our students testing it along with the android app. 

I have since asked them to get one from that list and they refused saying they didn't want to keep up with renewing it and when I asked for a suggestion of one that would work from a Pharos tech he said suggesting certificates was not their business and that I should check the community....so here I am....

Can somebody let me know what certificate they are using that allows the ios app to work properly?  I know ours worked before our sys admins did the update but they couldn't tell me which one specifically we had.  They said an inCommon cert has been the standard since 2011 but it could have been a self signed cert (I don't know what that means, this is all new to me).

List of available trusted root certificates in iOS 9 - Apple Support

Thanks for any input.