AnsweredAssumed Answered

Pharos Signup - patrons getting additional sessions/time?

Question asked by brad on Jan 14, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2016 by brad

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this, and if they managed to find a cause/explanation for it.

We're on Pharos Signup 8.2.6005 (been trying for approval for an upgrade for 1.5 years and counting), which is configured to allow patrons a 1-hour session, which can be auto-extended up to a maximum of 2 hours per day. However, at 2 different branches, 2 different patrons have managed to have 4 hours per day, using 4 sessions, and on different PCs (first patron we found doing it was on the same PC every time, so we had the machine re-imaged on the off chance it was the PC that was allowing it, rather than the system).

The system is configured with:

Max reservation duration = 60 mins

Can Extend session = Yes

User groups' "Max use time per day" = 120 mins

Those are the settings which are directly related to this situation (as far as I'm aware, at least).

One of the examples I've been looking at, a patron had 3 sessions yesterday:

10:45am for 50 minutes

12:23pm for 70 minutes

13:38pm for 70 minutes

I've double-checked the account to ensure it's a "standard" user account, in the "public" group. I've looked at anything and everything I can think of that could be contributing to this, multiple times, and can't for the life of me find anything that's not as it should be...

Any comments, suggestions, similar experiences much appreciated.

Cheers,

Brad.

Outcomes