1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 9:47 AM by Jeff Geller

Pharos - Having issues printing a job from SecureRelease, stuck on Processing

Peter Hachem Newbie

Hello Everyone,

at my company, we are having issues with 1 printer that uses the SecureRelease feature.  When sending a job to securerelease, client scans his/her badge at the printer, selects the job, then it just gets stuck on processing.   When looking on the server, I did get a message in the Blueprint Event Browser.

"The 'OnReleasePrintJobCompleted' method on the job service has thrown the following exception:  [3 Retries] Could not connect to the printer. (printername) No connect could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The printer prints fine if you print directly too it bypassing pharos.

Can anyone help?

• Re: Pharos - Having issues printing a job from SecureRelease, stuck on Processing
          Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Peter,

By Default Blueprint uses LPR (Port 515) to deliver a print job to a device.  This can be changed to RAW (Port 9100) by changing the configuration for the "Model" that is assigned to the "Device" using the Blueprint Administrator.  The error message indicates that a connection to the physical device on port 515 failed for some reason.

The actively refused part of the error suggests that the device is not listening on that port, I would verify that the device is configured to receive print jobs via the LPR protocol.  You can use the LPQ command in Windows to verify that the LPD on the device will respond as expected.  The below link has information on using the Windows LPQ command line tool.

Answer Link: All Products: Testing a Device's Support of the LPD Protocol

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Pharos Support

Jeff Geller