3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 12:41 PM by brosengarten@pharos.com

Multiple Device Scouts

Andrew Wynbissinger Tracker

Is it possible to have multiple device scouts on a single server? We are testing the trial version.

• Re: Multiple Device Scouts
          brosengarten@pharos.com Adventurer

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have multiple device scouts on the same server.  If you don't mind me asking, why would you want to do this?  What is your goal?   Did you want to scan multiple ranges with different settings?  Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Bryan Rosengarten

Pharos Systems Technical Support

Andrew Wynbissinger Tracker

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your response. I am trying to scan two different sets of ranges. All of our printing devices are intended to be set up on VLAN 6 but this does not always happen. My intention was to have one scout scanning VLAN6 as it takes may be  20 minutes compared to another set of ranges that take hours.

Thanks,

Andrew

brosengarten@pharos.com Adventurer

Hi Andrew,

As Beacon is designed today, two servers are required.  However, down the road we intend to change this so that multiple profiles can be created.  This will make it easy to run scans on different groups of subnets as you are describing.  I do not have an ETA on when this change will happen, but it is in development.  Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Regards,

Bryan Rosengarten

Pharos Systems Technical Support

1 of 1 people found this helpful