1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2015 7:12 PM by Steven English

Uniprint 8.2 Permissions and passwords getting reset

Gary Lloyd Newbie

Hi I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help but thought it was worth an ask.

We have been running Pharos Uniprint 8.2 for sometime now and we have a strange bug.

We have a custom permission group for our service desk staff but once in a while their accounts will revert back to the default user group and their password will no longer work.

We have an import script that runs daily but I would be surprised if this was the cause as it might be months - year before it happens again to some of our service desk staff.

Is there anyone out there that has come across this issue ?

Here is how we import users each day:

path=%PATH%;C:\Program Files (x86)\Pharos\Bin

IF EXIST newaccts (

type newaccts >>newaccts.sav

userload --addupdate --file newaccts --cashier manager > pracctslog

if exist pracctslog (

echo %DATE% %TIME% add >> praccts.log

type pracctslog >> praccts.log

del newaccts pracctslog

)

)

Thanks

• Re: Uniprint 8.2 Permissions and passwords getting reset
          Steven English Guide

Gary,

The script you provided above does not appear to provide the actual source of the users but rather a file that is expected to already contain them.  In short, the script you have is responsible for the triggering the import, but the source of the input is coming from somewhere else.  I think that ascertaining where the newaccts file comes from and what info is populated therein.  I have worked with customers before where the source file gets bungled and then the script that imports them appears to be jacked up as well.

Regards,

Steven