AnsweredAssumed Answered

Active Directory Integration Question - User Passwords

Question asked by Michael Ives on Jun 4, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 by Daniel Johns

Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been covered already, but I was not able to find an answer to this exact issue in the Uniprint documentation or by searching on the forums:

I have recently set up a Pharos Uniprint 9.0 server and have configured the adldaplogon.exe plugin to be able to read and import users from our Active Directory servers.  I am having a problem with their passwords, however.

When performing an import, there is no option to retain their existing AD password for use in Uniprint and a separate password must be set for the user.  Is there any way to 'synchronize' a user's Uniprint password with their Active Directory one?  Ideally, we do not want users to have to maintain a separate password for printing and we would like their Uniprint password to update when they change their password in AD.  I don't mind if this has to be done outside of Uniprint itself, such as with a script and a scheduled task, as long as there's some way to keep the Uniprint accounts' passwords the same as AD.

Is this possible to do?  If so, how do I go about configuring this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes