4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 10:41 AM by Nikolay Karetnikov

Blueprint Health Monitoring

Nikolay Karetnikov Navigator

Hello!

Blueprint has a subsystem that monitors system health. It is well documented and useful when using it with Pharos System Administrator or reading service related files, such as C:\ProgramData\PharosSystems\Blueprint\Logs\SecureReleaseService.log, for example.

Recently, nevertheless I met a customer who has a virtual environment, namely eSX(i) and envisions pro-active monitoring of the System Health. He asked whether it is possible to discover errors\warnings\information messages by analyzing Windows System Event Logs, rather than by reading through text files.

So, I had a look at the Event Log of Windows 2008R2 where Blueprint 5.1.7838.0 is installed and found some interesting records that I have failed to find any description about in the Blueprint Operation Guide.

So, what is this Pharos Systems Health Monitoring Task? Is this a subsystem that mirrors messages available in the Pharos System Administrator, hidden super cool feature that has not been yet documented or what?