3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 4:58 PM by Scott Olswold

Report licenses

Cristian Ruiz Wayfarer

Hello,

How I can get the number of active licenses in blueprint? or if you have a larger number of users by registering impressions, how do I know how many additional licenses must be purchased or as overdid it?

• Re: Report licenses
          Scott Olswold Guide

Christian,

Are you referring to USER licenses or TERMINAL licenses?

If it is a user license, that value is not enforced during operation. It is used primarily to appropriately size your transaction databases (PSJOBS1, PSJOBS2, PSJOBS3, PSJOBS4, etc.) during installation, and then never used again, except as an indicator on the Licenses tab of the Administrator application. However, if a site is going to grow past the number of licensed users in Blueprint, you should contact your Pharos reseller to increase your license limit.

Terminal licenses are enforced, however, but in a little different way than you may think. If I have a license for 40 of some terminal type (Lexmark iMFP, for example), then I can only create 40 objects with that terminal type in Blueprint. We don't actually (again, like user licenses) manage them in a "run time" mode. From an operational standpoint, if you have those 40 licenses and have created 40 terminals and need to add one more, then your recourse is to either delete a terminal that already exists or contact Sales for another license.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Scott

Cristian Ruiz Wayfarer

Scott, thanks for the reply
              I refer to licenses per user. I want to know, for example if I buy 20 user license and if there is printing 30 users how do you know through a report I need to buy 10 licenses more?
              How to know that there are 30 Users printing and reporting on Blueprint?
              If I generate the report printing only information I have 20 users?

Scott Olswold Guide

Cristian,

We don't manage the licenses in that way; it would be bad form to constrain reporting or access simply because employee count increased. The user number in the license file is used to accurately size the databases used to store the transactions. If you buy a 20 user license, you can deploy into an environment with 2,000 users and get complete reporting, but the software's ability to function efficiently will be compromised because the databases won't be sized accurately. Pharos recommends that you size your Blueprint purchase according to your expected deployment. If the actual growth exceeds expectation (in other words, the initial number of licenses purchased), you should contact your Pharos reseller and purchase the needed licenses to cover all of your employees.

Regards,

Scott