1 Reply Latest reply on May 2, 2015 10:46 AM by John Stewart

Ricoh copy stations

Vincent Thompson Newbie

I'm testing an Aficio model now for integration into our Pharos server.  I can get everything to work with the iMFP software, but I have a question regarding other's experience with the copy station function.  When I have the copy station active and the Pharos client installed on the Ricoh, to perform copy functions I have to hit the Home button on the Ricoh and then select the Copy icon on the display.  On the Canon software, everything is in one place and you can limit the user from exiting the Pharos software.  The Ricoh software doesn't seem to be as tight/integrated as the Canon software.  Is there anyway to limit the user to the Pharos software on the Ricoh's?  Can the copy function be accessed from within the Pharos client?

For a student to use the copy function and then get back to the Pharos client to simply logout or release a job, they would have to hit Home and then select Pharos from the display; they aren't going to know to do that.  If there is not a way to access the copy functions within the Pharos interface and limit them to that interface, this software needs to be rewritten.

Thanks for any help!

Vincent

• Re: Ricoh copy stations
          John Stewart Guide

Hi Vincent,

For the iMFP for Canon solution Pharos authors both the pull print and simplified copy interface.  For all of the other iMFP implementations we leverage the native copy application on the device.  This is why you see the difference in our Canon and Ricoh implementations.

That being said the Ricoh device should be quite configurable in the configuration of the home screen buttons.  I might suggest talking with your Ricoh service folks to see if they can provide any suggestions for configuration of the device to make the navigation as simple for the users as possible.  I know that Ricoh has a simplified copy application (on some models) which decreases the complexity of making a simple copy which users tend to like.