2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2015 3:01 PM by cwilson@pharos.com

serial numbers and SNMP

Bill Kasper Guide

i have four or five devices that are reporting properly by IP address, but report nothing in the serial number field in the spreadsheet.  they're Canon imagerunner legacy devices (3025, 3570, 4570).  how do i get the serial number to read properly?  or how can i enter it in the beacon database?

• Re: serial numbers and SNMP
          Guide

Hi Bill, I am still working on an answer for this question... Just wanted to give you an update!

• Re: serial numbers and SNMP
            Guide

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to override this. We prefer to get this information directly from the device as it is critical to the system. A temporary work around is to edit the devices in question and add this information to the Friendly Name field. It will not solve the problem, but it will allow you to include that information in Beacon.

Meanwhile, we are going to have a link very soon for our Model Data Improvement Program. I am going to submit this information ASAP for you. For any future issues like this, please keep an eye out for this button on the Beacon Forum homepage.

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, Carrie