2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 11:08 AM by Bill Kasper

Alert no. 29015 - on secure print queue

Bill Kasper Guide

We do all our billing in arrears, excepting that done by personal account.  But we don't prohibit users from printing (or releasing) if they don't have money in their personal account, because every user (just about) at UCSC has access to pay by one type of cost center or another.

So if I am seeing a 29015 "not enough money to print job" alert in Administrator, just what does that mean?  For example, I see it with a student, who has submitted the job to our secure server, and then must walk up and release the job from the copier via iMFP.  Does it mean she chose "personal account" (and her balance was $0), which would give that message?

Otherwise, I can't figure out why it would throw that alert, as if she'd selected her cost center it's billed in arrears and should not cause a problem.

Thanks.

Bill

• Re: Alert no. 29015 - on secure print queue
          Steven English Guide

Bill,

If I am understanding you correctly, individual user accounts are set to advance, and if a user does not have enough money in their personal account they have the option to release the job by printing to a cost center.  If this is the case - specifically that the billing option for all individual user accounts is set to Advance instead of Arrears, then your scenario is spot on.  Keep in mind that if what you are referring to as a Cost Center is actually configured as a Grant, then unlike a Cost Center there is the potential to hit a credit limit either at the user quota level (if set) or at the total amount of the Grant.

Regards,

Steven

• Re: Alert no. 29015 - on secure print queue
              Bill Kasper Guide

Steven, that is pretty much how I figured it.

The one thing my customers can't do at the Ricoh iMFP is authenticate, select a $0 balance personal account, be rejected for output, then change accounts without having to authenticate again.  This means they have to log out and re-authenticate, then select thei cost center (we only use grants, but only a few are limited).

Thanks for for the confirmation.