3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 2:43 PM by cwilson@pharos.com

After Device Scout scan, How long before devices show in Fleet?

Paul LaFollette Guide

After doing a Device Scout scan for one or more devices (scan finds devices not already shown in Beacon) and the results are uploaded to the Server ... How long should it typically be before I should be able to see the device in the Fleet lists?

This morning I scanned and found a device, uploaded to server, and several minutes later I'm still not seeing it in the Fleet lists.

What kind of "turn around" should I expect between scan/upload and when device is listed?

Thanks,

- Paul L.

• Re: After Device Scout scan, How long before devices show in Fleet?
          Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Paul,

Once the scan is complete and you have a device found, as you have done it can be pushed to the server immediately by using the Upload function in the Device Scout.

Have you navigated away from Fleet and back to Fleet so that the page gets refreshed?

Regards,

Jeff Geller

Pharos Support

• Re: After Device Scout scan, How long before devices show in Fleet?
              Paul LaFollette Guide

Jeff,

Yes, I pushed to the server immediately by using the Upload function in the Device Scout.   The newly found device didn’t show in Fleet right away so I went to other sections of Beacon to look at other stuff and came back to the Fleet lists  a couple minutes later… no sign of the device.  I then exited out of Beacon, then signed back in … still no sign of the device.   That’s when I posted my question as it had been over 5 minutes plus I had done all that.  The device did finally show up, but not until a bit later.   It isn’t the first time I’ve seen a bit of a delay.

In the upcoming weeks, I’ll have more opportunity to discover devices and will watch it some more then.

Thanks,

- Paul L.