10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 8:06 AM by r.rogers@emos.com

Mobile Print Paper Sizes

J.C. Doll Wayfarer

Is anyone currently using Mobile Print for paper sizes other than 8 1/2x11/A4 and can confirm if it supports other paper sizes?

We can upload/email documents into the system that are sized for 11x17.  They are job costed correctly and preview looking like 11x17, but when they are released to the printer the job is sent as 8 1/2x11.  Since it accepts them and job costs them correctly, it seems to be it should work, but the documentation doesn't seem to say one way or the other.

At first I though it might be a problem with the Konica Minolta drivers, so I switched out to the HP Universal PCLs figuring that should have broad support with Uniprint/MobilePrint but they are doing the same thing.

• Re: Mobile Print Paper Sizes
          Robert Richards Scout

We are using Mobile Print 2.1 and this is real problem.  The printer must be configured to accept 11X17 jobs or the jobs are rejected, so Pharos is recognizing that the job is an 11X17 job.  And the 11X17 sized jobs are costed as 11 X 17.  The problem occurs when it is released for print.  All of our printers are affected regardless of make or model.

Steven English Guide

Good Afternoon Jeff Geller and Scott Olswold,

Could one of you take a look at this when you have time (or have someone else look into it)?

Regards,

Steven

John Siegel Guide

Add us to the list. I noticed the same behavior when we tested recently.

~John

Scott Olswold Guide

J.C. and all,

You will need to add the 11x17 paper support to the driver/queue being used as your renderer for a device. In the Ricoh Aficio MP C2800 PostScript driver:

the first step is to tell the driver where the 11x17 paper lives. In this driver, that's from the Device Settings tab under "Form to Tray Assignment".

Once that has been done and applied, restart the MobilePrint Worker service so that it can pick up the new "feature."

I hope that this helps!

Scott

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    John Siegel Guide

Thanks Scott, just tested and it works with our Xerox devices.

~John

Robert Richards Scout

John, what driver did you use to fix your Xerox issue?

-Robert

John Siegel Guide

We are using the drivers for the 7835 Workstation, Phaser 5550 and 7500. The rest of our devices do not support 11 x 17. There will be  some user education involved as well if we decide to support it when it goes to production since not all the Phaser 5550's have 11 x 17 paper available. Are you using Xerox gear as well?

~John

Robert Richards Scout

We're basically running a completely Xerox shop with 5550's, 4112's, 7760's, D125's, and a variety of iMFP's.  Most, but not all, of them have Letter and Ledger sized paper.  We've tried a variety of Xerox drivers; GPD-PCL, GPD-PCL5, GPD-PCL6, GPD-PS, and device specific drivers as well.  The Ledger jobs are recognized by Pharos correctly as it's charging for that size plus it will release the Ledger jobs to printers that have been configured by Pharos to accept Ledger jobs.  Any printer that is not configured to accept the Ledger jobs will reject the job.  Jobs sent to the regular queue work just fine.  Jobs sent to MobilePrint print Letter sized only, but the user is charged for the larger paper size.

Did you find an option in a Xerox driver that allowed you to manually set paper size by tray?

Thanks,

Robert

Scott Olswold Guide

Robert,

I installed the Xerox PostScript Global Print driver (Global Printer Driver - Xerox ) to see what I could see. Please know that I do not have a Phaser 5550dn or anything to test (I work from home, and while it would be awesome-cool to have a fleet of devices with which to test, I don't think my wife would like the "furniture"). But I did find this under Properties > Advanced > Printing Defaults:

When I clicked on the "Paper" option there's a fly-out for Change Document Size > Other Size > Mixed Size Document that should handily allow the inbound declared paper size to rule the output of the paper, as this disables any scaling.

Scott

r.rogers@emos.com Adventurer

I know this is an old post but we have the same issue with an OKI C9655N. The problem is that the driver will not allow separate paper sizes to be configured for different trays i.e. you can't say tray 1 is A4 and tray 2 is A3. If you set a paper size it applies to all trays.

So in Mobileprint we have an A3 document and an A4 document both of which bill correctly but will print on the default driver papersize (A3 or A4) rather than correctly maintaining the papersize. The closest we got was to get the A4 printing correctly on A4 paper but the A3 print job printed correctly on A3 paper but was A4 size on the page - that was using the Pharos PCL 5 renderer.

Has anyone else had any success getting A3/A4 output using Oki drivers?