2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 3:09 PM by Jeff Geller

Print Scout (Mac) deployment issues

Paul LaFollette Guide

I'm trying to install the Print Scout (Mac) and it is failing to register. .... Kind of (did manage to get it to work).

Steps:

1. I Download the Print Scout (Mac) from Print Scout > Download

2. Run the downloaded MacPrintScout.pkg and when it finishes the install and asks for the registration code I enter the code from the Print Scout Downloads window.

It fails to register and shows the registration error message shows in the Mac Scout Install Guide.

3. Exiting and re-trying doesn't correct the problem.

4. Telling Beacon to generate a New Code, then download again followed by installing the newly downloaded pkg file... doesn't accept the New Code.

I managed to get Beacon to accept the Print Scout (Mac) deployment if I:

1. Copy the InstallConfig.ini file previously created for use with deploying additional Print Scout for Windows to the same folder as the MacPrintScout.pkg.

2. Run the MacPrintScout.pkg and "follow the bowncing ball" to install.

So... Deploying the Mac Print Scout works the same way as the additional Windows Print Scout deployment.  However, without the InstallConfig.ini file on hand, it would not register no matter what I did.  First time installation (without the InstallConfig.ini) does not appear to be working.

The Mac Scout Install Guide does not give that instructions for using the InstallConfig.ini file at all, however the Mac Scout Install Guide does show the Registration Error picture showing the InstallConfig.ini file being mentioned, and an additional pic is in the guide showing where to look to "Select Deployment Settings file" (the InstallConfig.ini file) but there is no explanation with that pic.

The Mac Scout Install Guide could use an update.

Thanks,

- Paul L.

• Re: Print Scout (Mac) deployment issues
          Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Paul,

I was successful in installing the Print Scout on my machine running OS X 10.10.2.  Once the installation was successful I closed the install window, then entered my registration code for my Mac Print Scout, which is different than my Windows Print Scout.

I suspect we would need to have some type of logging enabled to be able to know more of why yours failed.

Thanks,

Jeff Geller

Pharos Support

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Print Scout (Mac) deployment issues
              Jeff Geller Guide

Hi Paul,

After looking around a bit if you open the Activity monitor in the OS and expand the "com.pharos.PrintScout" logging section you will see several logs.  Perhaps there may be something in there.

Can you replicate this failure on a different machine?

Thanks,

Jeff Geller

Pharos Support

1 of 1 people found this helpful