AnsweredAssumed Answered

Student Printing Chargeback Approach

Question asked by David Alexander on Feb 13, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2015 by J.C. Doll

We are in the process of moving from a "pay after you print" to "pay to print" for our student printing, and we are trying to balance the needs of our students, who seem to like the current approach except for the registrar putting holds on grades and registration when they have a small balance on their student bill.

On the business side, there is a strong desire to move to "pay to print" to avoid the registration holds, but we see some drawbacks to this approach from the student perspective.  They probably don't want to worry about their print job getting rejected due to a lack of funds when they are trying to print something out at the last minute.

I wanted to take a poll to see what other schools are doing for student printing.  I'm aware of a few different approaches:

1) Unlimited printing for students

2) Provide students with a quota, and if they exceed their quota, they can add money to their account

If anyone has gone to a true, "pay to print" approach, I'd be interested to hear about how this change was received, and if there's anything you did to help smooth the transition to "pay to print"

Thanks,
Dave

Outcomes